Preventive Dentistry in Murfreesboro, TN
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry cares for your teeth, gums, and mouth to keep them healthy. It is a combination of regular dental check-ups and developing good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing. While modern dentistry can fix several oral health issues, preventive dentistry usually focuses on avoiding problems and needing restorative dental work. Regular preventive dental care helps you avoid gum disease, tooth decay, and other oral problems.
Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
Preventive dentistry comes with numerous benefits for your oral health. Here are some of the benefits of preventive dentistry:
- Prevent Gum Disease: If you don’t practice good dental hygiene and have regular checkups, you risk developing gum diseases like gingivitis. Inflammation of the gums usually results from plaque and tartar build-up on your teeth and gum line. We will remove all the tartar and plaque build-up during regular dental cleanings and checkups to ensure that your teeth and mouth remain healthy.
- Avoid Cavities: You may be very good at brushing and flossing, but it’s almost impossible to reach every crevice in your teeth. Professional dental cleanings reach every part of your teeth and remove all the tartar and plaque buildup. If tartar and plaque buildup is left unattended, it can result in tooth cavities and affect your oral health. Additional preventive dental treatments include applying dental sealants and fluoride treatments to the teeth to further protect them from cavities.
- Eliminate Bad Breath: Bad breath is sometimes a sign of tooth decay and infections. In case you’re struggling with bad breath, good oral hygiene, and regular dental checkups and cleanings can help keep it at bay.
- Improves Your Overall Health: Preventive dentistry can improve your overall health. This is especially true for people with diabetes or at risk of heart disease. Gum disease and other oral infections can affect the health of your whole body. Preventing oral infections means better overall health.
- Saves Money: Preventive dentistry usually keeps dental ailments at bay and prevents costs that could result from treating large cavities and gum disease. Even though you may incur a small cost for dental check-ups if you don’t have an insurance plan, the cost of restorative dental treatment is much higher.
It’s Time To Branch Out
Find the dental home (and the beautiful smile) you deserve.
Why Choose Magnolia Dental Group?
At Magnolia Dental Group, we want to help you stay on top of your oral health with our preventive dental services. We have brand new low-radiation X-ray units, imaging systems, and intra-oral photos to complement our expertise, all used to provide patients with the best experience possible. The best-in-class technology available at Magnolia Dental Group helps our team diagnose dental problems and give patients a better understanding of their oral health. Contact us today to get started.