Preventive Dentistry in Murfreesboro, TN
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry cares for your teeth, gums, and mouth to keep them healthy. It is a combination of regular dental check-ups and developing good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing. While modern dentistry can fix several oral health issues, preventive dentistry usually focuses on avoiding problems and needing restorative dental work. Regular preventive dental care helps you avoid gum disease, tooth decay, and other oral problems.
Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
Preventive dentistry comes with numerous benefits for your oral health. Here are some of the benefits of preventive dentistry:
- Prevent Gum Disease: If you don’t practice good dental hygiene and have regular checkups you risk developing gum diseases like gingivitis. Inflammation of the gums usually results from plaque and tartar build-up on your teeth and gum line. We will remove all the tartar and plaque build-up during regular dental cleanings and checkups to ensure that your teeth and mouth remain healthy.
- Avoid Cavities: You may be very good at brushing and flossing, but it’s almost impossible to reach every crevice in your teeth. Professional dental cleanings reach every part of your teeth and remove all the tartar and plaque buildup. If tartar and plaque buildup is left unattended, it can result in tooth cavities and affect your oral health. Additional preventive dental treatments include applying dental sealants and fluoride treatments to the teeth to further protect them from cavities.
- Eliminate Bad Breath: Bad breath is sometimes a sign of tooth decay and infections. In case you’re struggling with bad breath, good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups and cleanings can help keep it at bay.
- Improves your Overall Health: Preventive dentistry can improve your overall health. This is especially true for people with diabetes or at risk of heart disease. Gum disease and other oral infections can affect the health of your whole body. Preventing oral infections means better overall health.
- Saves Money: Preventive dentistry usually keeps dental ailments at bay and prevents costs that could result from treating large cavities and gum disease. Even though you may incur a small cost for dental check-ups if you don’t have an insurance plan, the cost of restorative dental treatment is much higher.
It’s Time To Branch Out
Find the dental home (and the beautiful smile) you deserve.
Preventive Dental Care Services
Here are some of the preventive dental care services offered at Magnolia Dental Group:
- Regular oral exams: the dentist conducts an entire mouth assessment to determine any oral issues. Oral exams can help discover an infection early on and treat it early to avoid extensive damage to your teeth and gums.
- Teeth Cleanings: Professional teeth cleaning helps to remove tartar and plaque buildup that cannot be removed using regular brushing and flossing.
- Routine Dental X-rays: An X-ray is an excellent diagnostic tool that can help your dentist see any damage or disease that is not visible to the naked eye. With an X-ray, the dentist will accurately diagnose and treat any dental problem.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: During your regular dental exam, your dentist will also examine your mouth and neck area for any signs of oral cancer. Catching oral cancer in its early stages is essential to ensure a full recovery. This is very important especially if you are a smoker.
Preventive Dentistry at Home
You also have a role to play in keeping your teeth, gums, and mouth in a healthy state. Here are some of the preventive dental care habits to practice at home:
- Regular brushing and flossing
- Avoid Smoking
- Eat a healthy diet
- Take caution with hard foods or candy because they can damage your teeth.
Preventive Dentistry Cost
If you have an insurance plan, your insurance may cover all or part of the preventive dental services you need, depending on the terms of your plan. Contact our dental office for information on what your dental insurance plan covers.
Why Choose Magnolia Dental Group?
At Magnolia Dental Group, we want to help you stay on top of your oral health with our preventive dental services. We have brand new low-radiation X-ray units, imaging systems, and intra-oral photos to complement our expertise, all used to provide patients with the best experience possible. The best-in-class technology available at Magnolia Dental Group helps our team diagnose dental problems and give patients a better understanding of their oral health. Contact us today to get started.